User Guide
Sign in
Reordering tasks that are not due today or tomorrow
I see that I am able to drag and drop tasks that are due today or tomorrow. The issue I'm having is that I can't reorder the tasks that are any further out. Is there a reason behind this? For instance, I have 10 tasks that are due in the next 7 days all at the same time (10 chapters to read in a book), but I would like them to be in the order I set them. Just because they are due 7 days out doesn't mean that I don't knock them out when I have time and setting the order is important for the work flow.
Hello,

Could you specify your platform? And what filter would you like to use to order the tasks? You can sort by list/date/title/priority in TickTick.
I am using OSX mainly. I currently have the sort set as by due date. This happens when viewing the All list. I have Overdue (shh don’t tell), Today, Tomorrow, and Later. I am able to move Today and Tomorrow items freely. Even if the times are earlier or later. Overdue and Later lists I am unable to move the order. It let’s me pick up and drag the item, but does not adjust the position when released. It also does not push the other items out of the way while dragging as it does with Today and Tomorrow lists.

EDIT: It doesn’t matter if the items have identical or differing due dates. I can’t adjust the order. And when entering them they appear in the opposite order of how I input them. So adding a task adds it to the top of the list and not the bottom. That is part of the issue. Say I am adding in chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 to read. I need to type them in the order 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 to have them show in my list as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 from top to bottom.
We will evaluate your first feedback soon. And the second one is already in our plan. We will implement it in the future updates.
was this figured out? Same question here.
Please  Sign in  to post a topic.

Help | Blog | Upgrade to Premium | Contact | Privacy | Security | Terms | Thanks | License