User Guide
Sign in
Automatic action list continuation is not working
Hi,

I like the feature in MarkDown that allows to create checkable action lists, by including '* [ ]' at the begin of a new line.
Also TickTick does support this feature.

When on the web interface this is used, and 'Enter' is pressed at the end of an '* [ ]' a new line starting with '* [ ]' for the next action is automatically inserted. This is exactly what I want, and what I expect.

However in the Android App, pressing 'Enter' at the end of a '* [ ]' line is creating a new line, which only starts with '* '. This results in a bulleted list, and the checkable checkbox is not being shown.

I would like to suggest that you modify the Android App to have the same behaviour as the Web interface regarding the described functionality.
Please modify it in such a way that if 'Enter' is pressed at the end of a '* [ ]' line, that the next line automatically starts with '* [ ]' again.
I'm still struggling with the problem that when the '* [ ]' MarkDown syntax is used in the Android App, that after pressing 'Enter' the next line doesn't automatically show a new checkbox.
This is working correctly on the Web-version of TickTick.

I now found that when the '- [ ]' MarkDown syntax is used, it is working as I would expect in the Android app. I'm now thus able to start using the '- [ ]' syntax, however still a lot of my old checklists are still using '* [ ]'.

So to recap:
- [ ] on web-version will show a new checkbox when 'Enter' is pressed.
* [ ] on web-version will show a new checkbox when 'Enter' is pressed.
- [ ] on android-app will show a new checkbox when 'Enter' is pressed.
* [ ] on android-app only shows a * when 'Enter' is pressed.

I still like to suggest to also modify the android app to also show a checkbox when enter is pressed at the end of the line that starts with a '* [ ]'. (Just like it is done in the web-version).

I hope that this updated information helps in resolving this difference.

Please  Sign in  to post a topic.

Help | Blog | Upgrade to Premium | Contact | Privacy | Security | Terms | Thanks | License