User Guide
Sign in
Recurring task on Sunday appear On Monday
Hey,

I have a problem with a couple of tasks.
They are supposed to repeat every Sunday (and they are) but appear on Monday as well, I have to re-set the date every Monday so it annoying.

Further detail to help you :
- I did not set Monday in the recurring task
- I did validate my task on Sunday so it not a remaining task
- Since it’s a Sunday recurring task, it may be useful to note that my first day of the week is set to Monday
- It is both on iOS and Mac version of TickTick

Thanks for helping,
Gregory
Hey Gregory,

Could you please screenshot us your repetitive task rules? http://prnt.sc/orvcci
https://imgur.com/a/5DbmfgD
@Greg,

Could you please send it again? It is shown as "The site can't be reached" on our side.
I've put it on Dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zpobqdk713hcl0z/Capture%20d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran%202019-08-14%20%C3%A0%2021.43.10.png?dl=0
Hey Greg,

Thanks for the info! We have tested it on our side but made no success, this has been noted down and the devs will look into it asap.

Btw, could you please clarify the app version number of two devices? How long does the issue exist?
Mac version Version: 3.2.00 (108)
iPhone version 5.2.02

I don't know how long this issue has been here.

Btw, yesterday I had the same problem with a recurring task on Thursday appearing on Friday.
I have the feeling that may be because of the way you are handling timezone.
In the past 8 months I've changed the timezone frequently and change the time of the task because you change the time of the task according to the timezone I'm in.

Thanks for the updates. Will further look into it asap. Could you please clarify the timezone you are in?
Currently I am in New Zealand but my normal timezone is France
Hey Greg,

Sounds we have already found the key point. Currently, this is how it is designed in TickTick to automatically change the date and time along with the timezone switching.

So sorry for the inconvenience and trouble. The product team has been working on to add a manual timezone switching option in the future version which can avoid the mess. Thanks a lot for your patience.
Hey,

Just to let you know that I came back in France and know all my recurring tasks are 1 day appart.
So I don't know how your system work but you better not be travelling too much when you use the app.
Now I have to re-change or may be recreate all my recurring task for them to came back to normal :(
Hey Greg,

Currently, the system time parsing goes along with the timezone, but the team has been working on adding an option to manually control in case the automatic time change.
I understand that the time change depending on the timezone and it's good that you are adding on option to override that.
But I don't understand how does this affect recurring task without time !
I have a task recurring on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday without any particular time that end up recurring on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
This goes beyond your improvement to me, this is a bug.
Hey Greg,

We have been aware of this issue and could you please provide us more details. How did you create this recurring task? By manual input or smart date parsing? And when did you find there goes something wrong? The time you created the task or after a few days?
I created the task by manual input and it went wrong when I moved from New Zealand to France
Ok, thanks. It's been noted and the devs will further look into it.
Hi,

I'm also in France, never moved from this timezone since I started using TickTick.
I set my week to start on Monday (from the web version because on the desktop version you cannot).
I need to create a custom repeat every week on saturday to make my task shows up on sunday...

Check this weird screenshot. We are sunday, my task is setup to repeat every saturday, but its due date is shown as Today (as of sunday) : https://ibb.co/rypNct0

Really annoying bug that made me miss some important reminder already....
No update about it ?
Hey Stephane,

Could you please clarify the system timezone and the timezone you are based in now? How long does the issue exist?

Besides, could you please try it in the incognito mode and see if the issue can be resolved?
I have always been in Paris timezone.
I only use the mac app (95% of the time and 5% Android app)
The issue is here since I use TickTick
Please  Sign in  to post a topic.

Help | Blog | Upgrade to Premium | Contact | Privacy | Security | Terms | Thanks | License