User Guide
Sign in
Concern when sharing a list
Hi,

I've noticed a concern, when I share a list following these steps:

step 1) I share a list with another user
step 2) the other user accepts the invitation
step 3) then I edit whatever in the list (some task info for instance) before refreshing the screen content
step 4) then I refresh the screen content

The result is that the list is not fully shared. In particular, it shows the following condition:

1) in the "Share" window, the user shows up as accepted, because the "pending" tag is gone and the "Delete" option is shown
2) in the list of Lists, the icon of the list is the unshared icon (the one composed of three lines without an avatar sketch). It's not the shared icon (three lines + avatar sketch)
3) you cannot assign any task in the list to anybody

(1) corresponds to a shared list but (2) and (3) correspond to an unshared list. It looks like the sharing process was halted halfway...

I’ve reproduced it several times. Every time I follow that chain of steps, the concern happens.

Instead, I've shared around 50 lists by following steps 1, 2 and 4 (not step 3), and it works very well. The concern arises when I take step 3 (edit anything in the list without refreshing the screen content).

I use Chrome in iMac.

Quitting Chrome and restarting it, doesn't solve it.

Deleting the Chrome cache doesn’t solve it either.

In other browsers and in smartphone (iOS), the list does show well, so it must be something related with refreshing the list content in the Chrome browser…. Maybe I didn’t delete the cache properly, but I’m used to it and have tried it several times for this issue… anyway I don’t think deleting the cache should be the way.

Just in case it helps…

Best,
Jordi Mestras
Hey Jordi,

Thanks for reporting the issue very clearly. But we cannot reproduce it currently in our end.

Could you plz send us some screenshots of "2) in the list of Lists, the icon of the list is the unshared icon (the one composed of three lines without an avatar sketch). It's not the shared icon (three lines + avatar sketch)
3) you cannot assign any task in the list to anybody ".

That would be helpful for us to locate the issue. Thank you!
Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I tried to get the screenshots but couldn't reproduce the problem anymore.
That's weird... It had always happened to me under that scenario... more than 10 times...

One difference I notice now: the "sync" feature (which updates the whole content in the screen and you can notice thanks to the fast horizontal progress line showing up below my username at the top left corner) now goes on its own much often than before.

In fact, when I try to reproduce the concern now, when the other user has accepted the invitation (step 2 as per above), I don't have time to complete step 3 above. Before that, almost as I click on the screen, the "sync" goes on immediately and refreshes it all properly. As a result, the shared list shows up well (= the correct icon and tasks ready to assign).

I don't know why it works now...

If it happens again, I'll forward the screenshots

By the way, how to send them? Just drag&droping them here?

Thanks for your support,
Jordi
Please  Sign in  to post a topic.

Help | Blog | Upgrade to Premium | Contact | Privacy | Security | Terms | Thanks | License