User Guide
Sign in
Reorder Issue
The latest version has rendered Ticktick unusable.

If tasks are reordered through drag and drop, what you tick as complete isn't always what's completed. So

C
B
A

Reorder through drag and drop

A
B
C

Tick off A from the list and

A
C

Or, you try and drag and drop and nothing happens.

Earlier, I dragged a task from Tomorrow into Today and, although it moved, it still showed 'Tomorrow' next to it.

As it was a repeat task, I ticked the task from within the list to see what would happen. It used the erroneous date to set the repeat from.

At the moment I can't use Ticktick as it's maddeningly unpredictable.

This was a fresh install on a new phone. Stupidly, I took the old, working version off my previous phone to avoid conflicts or confusion. I tried the new version on the older phone and I get the same problems.

I've been using Ticktick for 5 or 6 years and it's been great until now. I'm lost without it.
Hey there,

Sorry for the issue, but I am a little confused about this step and want to confirm it with you.

C
B
A

Reorder through drag and drop

A
B
C

Tick off A from the list and

A
C

Do you mean when you tick off B from the list, but B is still showing in the list?

Could you plz tell us in which list do you make the interactions, All or Inbox or other lists? What is your sorting way?

Besides, are you using the iOS app? Could you plz tell us your app version number?
Thank you for getting back to me

I'm using Ticktick version 5.1.0 on two Android phones. One running on Android 5.1 and the other on Android 9. I'm not signed into my Ticktick account on either phone as, at present, it's impossible to use. The wrong tasks keep getting marked as completed and then I have to try and correct the initial problem and any repeat that may have been created.

Sort by is set to 'Time'. There are no completed tasks and the trash is empty. Tasks are added in Today.

Add A

A

Add B

B
A

(Reflecting the sort order.)
Add C

C
B
A

Drag B to the top

Ah, new problem. It dragged above the Today title strip and under "You can set dates for tasks..."

Went to look at Today in Next 7 Days

C
B
A

Return to Today

C
B
A

Pressed 'GOT IT' for "You can set dates for tasks..." So I don't drag above the Today title strip

Drag B to the top

B
A
C

Checked Today in Next 7 Days

C
B
A

Return to Today

C
B
A

Staying in Today. Drag B to top

B
C
A

Drag A to the Top

A
B
C

Tick A as completed

B
A

Completed
C

This time it looks like it's obeying the 'Time' sort and ignoring how it's actually arranged at the time of the task being ticked off.

In my first post I ticked off A as completed but B completed instead. There was no corresponding change in the sort order of the two remaining tasks but I may have had a different sort order set or I'd moved the tasks around more, possibly within Next 7 Days.

As I said, I've used Ticktick for years. I used to rearrange tasks all the time by dragging and dropping as I need a list that's truly dynamic. You can see how confused and confusing a more complex list could become following the behaviour I've been experiencing.

Sorry if this second example differs from my first. I was more focused on documenting the process.
Hey there,

Thanks for your clear explanations! We have found some other users are experiencing the same issue, so sorry about that.

Could you plz download this fix package and see if it works now for you? https://drive.google.com/open?id=19COk9-Fn59L2f17ncf3V8IJ_FO5t7XRk
Thank you, Carol.

I've downloaded and installed the fix package on my old phone but not signed in. I want to test it before signing in to my account.

I'll reply fully in a day or so.
The new apk seems to have done the trick. When I rearrange tasks through drag and drop, and tick the task off, the correct task is now marked as Complete. Thank you for addressing this problem.
Hi folks,

I was going to report what I thought was a related issue, but maybe this is the same issue?

When I drag to reorder, there is about a 4 second delay then I can see the update going out to the server. However, if I drag something to the top of the list, there is no outgoing update and within 30 seconds, the tasks jump back to their previous order. I'm working around this by dragging to position 2 then moving item 1 to position 2. Both operations always send updates.

Looks like for a brief period, the task order on my phone does not match the order held centrally? Is this the same problem?

Best wishes, Callum.
I have a similar problem relating to reordering, sort by time is being kinda wonky, just starting tonight as far as I know. My list for tomorrow shows tasks at 1:30pm, followed by tasks at 12:00pm, then tasks scheduled for 8am, and lastly 8pm tasks. I haven't had any problems checking off these tasks and don't think it'll be a major functional issue if it persists into the weekend, but it is an aesthetic and organizational peev.

A quick test on the Today tab shows that 3pm is sorted after 3am, and 8am after both of those, so the same odd behavior appears there.

Upon further reflection as I get ready for bed, this is likely an unrelated issue as re-ordering has been working fine, but at least I can attest to instability in Android version 5.1 on a new install, Android v8.0 (factory reset this morning).

Edit: alright now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Please  Sign in  to post a topic.

Help | Blog | Upgrade to Premium | Contact | Privacy | Security | Terms | Thanks | License