User Guide
Sign in
Subtask reappears
I have a list task set to recur daily. I click to complete a list item, but the next day it reappears? Any ideas?
Hey Ken,

If you set a task to recur daily, it will reappear every day.
Hi Carol,
Yes the "task" is supposed to reappear daily. Inside the task is a collection of subtasks to be checked off as completed before the overall "task" is complete. I completed a subtask (clicked the subtask checkbox) but the next day it shows up as incomplete.
When it repeats it’s a new task with new subtasks.

It sounds like it’s one task you haven’t completed so why not just leave the overall task as incomplete?
Thanks Annie. The task is almost like a project, with several sub-steps that need to complete before the whole task is completed. I have it on a daily recurrence so it stays front and center, but I want the subtask to show as completed. If I have done all I can do for the day, I'd like check it off for the day and for it to restart the next day with just the open sub-tasks. If I edit a recurring task (change the text, or add another item in the checklist, those remain static and return as the item recurs. Just not sure why when I check an item in the checklist it recurs the next day as unchecked.
It recurs as unchecked because it’s a new task with new subtasks, not the old one.
Still doesn't make sense to me. Imagine this task: "Buy groceries" The subtasks are:
Bananas
Melons
Sliced Ham
Beets

I want the task to recur until complete. I buy the Bananas and Melon on Monday, but need to go to another store on Tues for the remaining items. I check off the bananas and melons on Monday. The task "buy groceries" recurs the next day. Should bananas and melons be on the subtasks for Tuesday? Or should it only be Sliced Ham and Beets? I would think ONLY when all the subtasks are checked off should the overall task of "buy groceries" is complete.
Still doesn't make sense to me. Imagine this task: "Buy groceries" The subtasks are:
Bananas
Melons
Sliced Ham
Beets

I want the task to recur until complete. I buy the Bananas and Melon on Monday, but need to go to another store on Tues for the remaining items. I check off the bananas and melons on Monday. The task "buy groceries" recurs the next day. Should bananas and melons be on the subtasks for Tuesday? Or should it only be Sliced Ham and Beets? I would think ONLY when all the subtasks are checked off should the overall task of "buy groceries" is complete.
When you mark it complete you are creating a brand NEW task, not getting the existing one back, which is why the tasks aren’t checked. If you don’t want that, you should postpone it instead.

I have a lot of repeating tasks with checklists and do not want to be unchecking them manually every time they repeat!
OK that makes more sense. However, if I do a post pone it’s a one time only. No way I can make it Recur daily!
Just change the date!
Please  Sign in  to post a topic.

Help | Blog | Upgrade to Premium | Contact | Privacy | Security | Terms | Thanks | License