User Guide
Sign in
How to add task via Google Assistant?
I used to be able to say "note to self ______" and as long as I chose TickTick, it would work fine. Google Assistant no longer allows user to choose app. Is there any way to get around this?

Note: I'm using Google Pixel 2
+1
+2
+3
That is strange it seems to be working fine for me :? What I did is I said "note" and didn't say anything else. It displayed kind of a small input box to enter the text manually with cancel and confirm buttons. On the bottom left there was a round icon, when I clicked it I was able to pick Gmail or TickTick. Then by saying for example "note buy milk" it saves it to TickTick by default. To change it I had to say "note" again and use the round selector to pick something else. I don't know if that helps but this worked for me.
^ That doesn't work for me. (Pixel 2)
That sucks :( I was hoping I'll be able to help..

Also..that's first time something is not working on stock Android and does on branded one (Note 9) ;)
I appreciate the help.
[bump]
Damn, Pixel 3 user here. I am actually struggling with this issue too. Just like you said, "note to self" didn't work anymore for a long time.

I tried a workaround. I used IFTTT and tried to send email to TickTick specific email address to add tasks into the inbox. I got everything set up right, but no luck, no idea why it just didn't send the email from IFTTT. I gave up that one too. Alas.

I just want to add simple tasks into TickTick, why is it so hard to talk to the Assistant for that. Google Assistant 2.0 is coming soon, and I'm still stuck with this dumb issue. ☹
^ Google Now/Assistant/whatever-it's-now-called gets less functional and helpful every day. Even basic things like, "Add milk to my grocery list" used to add milk to my Google Keep grocery list that my wife and I share. Now it just hides it in a shopping list with no app access.
TickTick developers - Is this something you could implement?...

https://assistant.google.com/services/a/uid/0000008b38c692dd?hl=en

The above link is for some kind of Todoist integration in Assistant. Maybe that is what we need.

Thanks.
^
Just saw it mentioned in an article that TT is integrated with Siri... Why not with GA then?...
This used to work but was broken a few months ago in an update to Assistant.

https://support.google.com/assistant/thread/755476?hl=en

A bunch of people have complained to Google, but you can imagine how useful that's been. I think Google no longer supports this kind of integration but won't come out and say so. Would love to be proven wrong, though.
TickTick developers: Are you planning on integrating with Google Assistant? Here's how Todoist does it, apparently: https://assistant.google.com/services/a/uid/0000008b38c692dd?hl=en

Thanks.
Come on guys, this is really, really needed...
Seriously. I've been a TickTick premium subscriber and evangelist for years. But I need a response here. Tell me you're working on it.

And to be clear, I understand that it used to work fine with the old Google Now/Assistant. Google broke it. But it appears that the path forward is for developers to implement it for was l each app.

Please let us know if TickTick will do what Todoist has done

Thanks.
OMG, I figured this out finally.

I guess I lost the integration when I changed phones (which I did several times in the past year). I guess on every new phone the note taking app has to be re-established, even if you copy all settings and data from the old phone to the new one. Maybe integration is lost also when major updates to the phone/Android are installed, not sure.

One has to read the FAQs once in a while I guess... Today very randomly I decided to check out the FAQ section and read this: https://help.ticktick.com/forum/topic/343041/how-to-voice-input-tasks.

So what you do is, you open the Google app (or as it was, Google Now), go to voice input (the little mic icon), and say "note to self, bla-bla-bla, whatever". Make sure you go through the Google app, not through Google Assistant! Then it will ask you which app to use, you pick TT, and voilla - it's all good. From now on it will send the notes taken with GA to TT.

I don't believe I lost months going through Keep, and looking for solutions, when it was that easy... I hope this works out for all of you.

Cheers ;)
^ This doesn't work for me (Pixel 3aXL). I can do this via the Google app, as you say, but no matter what I choose, when I launch GA it always uses Google's useless hidden notes.
That's the same thing I suggested 2 months ago, not working for all though :(
Please  Sign in  to post a topic.

Help | Blog | Upgrade to Premium | Contact | Privacy | Security | Terms | Thanks | License