User Guide
Sign in
Missing Features - SubTask Tags, Favourites
Hi
You gave SubTasks individual Due Date feature but didn't give individual Tag feature which makes them not fully usable. With their individual dates they are showing up in the calendar perfectly. But with only their parent list tagging and no individual subtask Tagging, Tags show entire lists with SubTasks which are not relevant making the Tag feature a little less accurate.

Please give a feature of Favourites Folder wherein you can select any Folder, Tag or Smart list. Without this, we have to go necessary location we need regularly with multiple clicks each Time. For example, each month on 1st I create a few Smart Lists for that month with Tasks with Top Priority I have to do that month. It would be very useful if it would be within daily visual view which will make us more productive.

I am premium user since almost 6 months and a big fan of your app. But for these 2 missing feature made me buy 'Remember The Milk' app yearly subscription to checkout those features. And they implemented those both. But still I would like to stick to your app because of the quality of the iOS and Mac Apps.

I really really hope you implement these 2 fundamental features.
Thanks for the feedback, will pass them to the product team and do an evaluation soon.
Thank you
If I may hijack your topic, separate priority levels for subtasks would be great.
+1
Tasks and Sub-tasks should have same features, only difference being they are nested.
Right now Sub-tasks are second-class citizens :-)
Exactly! Subtasks need tags, priority levels, duration, notes and, when you complete one, it should be accounted as a complete task in the statistics! I like the stats feature, but it doesn't take into account when I complete a subtask. What's the point, then?
Completely agree. In my opinion, Sub-tasks are at-least used in 2 kinds of situations. One wherein sub-tasks are parts of a main task, and all needed to be completed for the task to be completed. I guess this is how TickTick developers view it too and the reason for the percentage view and also the reason for not taking their completion status into stats. Second situation wherein Parent Task is just a category name for the Sub-tasks and all need not be completed for the task to be completed. For example, say a Shopping list, which could have multiple items in them where in you use the parent list name just as a category like Home Appliances. [HOME>GET>HOME APPLIANCES>Sub-Tasks]

I would also suggest that Sub-Tasks divisible using Headings would be very useful for further categorisation of data. This would null the necessity for another Sub-Tasks link in "RememberTheMilk" app which I found very useful. You can bypass that with this tweak if you can implement.

My point is that Tasks need to divided, sub-divided and categorised in every which possible way and minimum 2-level nesting with categories below the main Parent list is essential for a good Task Manager App.
Major +1 on this
+1
Greetings TickTick Team, Thanks for making the best productivity and task management app.

QUESTION
Will subtasks be able to be INDIVIDUALLY tagged, prioritized, and dated in future updates?

I follow the GTD methodology.
I need a way to have an overarching project with individual next actions underneath (subtasks), BUT I also need each subtask to be on context lists (#home, #errands, #computer, etc) at the same time as being under the project. I don't want to use Lists as projects as those take too long to create for my purposes. I want to use tasks as projects with subtasks under the project task which will be the next actions. This is one feature Todoist has that TickTick really needs. If TickTick got this feature, there'd be no reason to even consider the competition.

Example:

Project 1
Subtask 1 #home
Subtask 2 #errands

And when I pull up the #home tag, Subtask 1 will show up there.

+1000. We need to impress more on TickTick developers to add more functionality to the subtasks. This is the response we get every time we ask for this : "Subtasks are more like checklists in TickTick"... We need to press them more and more to get them to see most users' point of view.
+1 for sure. I've been using ticktick for a long time, I love it. However I've noticed a lot of other todo apps have both subtasks and checklists. I find checklists limiting. It would be neat to have full fledged subtasks within tasks.

Thank you for this amazing app!
Please  Sign in  to post a topic.

Help | Blog | Upgrade to Premium | Contact | Privacy | Security | Terms | Thanks | License