User Guide
Sign in
Spell checker does not work.
The spelling check in the text of the note has recently stopped working, it works only in the title. This is very important, often working with text. I tried different methods, the problem is in the Web application, it works on other sites, the function is enabled in the browser settings.
By the way, the Android application does not work and did not work.
Seconding this; tested on Firefox and Chrome.

Firefox has an additional issue where the last word of a task title is always marked as spelled wrong in the description pane. Right clicking always produces suggestions of the last word followed by "-what" or " What", indicating that the input place holder of "What needs doing?" that can be viewed in the page source code is being joined to the task title string.

I can provide screen shots of this issue if that would clarify anything.
Hey there,

Could you plz tell us the browser version your are using?

Yes, you may send your screenshot via support@ticktick.com. @Ryan Noe
Firefox 66.0.3 (64-bit)
Google Chrome Version 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Add-ons were disable for both. Spellchecking does not work in description pane for tasks in either browser, but does work in other areas. Only FireFox has the more unusual behavior described above that I will email screenshots of.
I confirm. I have the same browser version. It all started about a month ago.
Hi Devs - have you been able to replicate any of the issues described above?
Hey there,

Could you plz check which kinds of spelling check setting in Firefox?
I can confirm what Ryan Noe posted 2019-04-22:

"Firefox has an additional issue where the last word of a task title is always marked as spelled wrong in the description pane. Right clicking always produces suggestions of the last word followed by "-what" or " What", indicating that the input place holder of "What needs doing?" that can be viewed in the page source code is being joined to the task title string. "

Firefox 66.0.4
The context menu has a check next to the "check spelling" item, indicating it is enabled. The language is English (United States).
More than a year has been a premium subscriber, but due to the lack of support and the correction of elementary errors, slow service load, incomplete rewrite, this month has been forced to terminate the subscription. I wish the team service, speedy development, corrections, and capacity building. Service is promising but is developing too slowly. Thank.
I don't plan on cancelling my subscription, but I would like to know if allowing the user's browser to perform spell checking in the description window of a task is a feature that will be supported in the future.

Right now Chrome and Firefox perform spell checking on task titles but not on their descriptions.
"Firefox has an additional issue where the last word of a task title is always marked as spelled wrong in the description pane. Right clicking always produces suggestions of the last word followed by "-what" or " What", indicating that the input place holder of "What needs doing?" that can be viewed in the page source code is being joined to the task title string. "

Any progress in fixing this? Thanks!
Please  Sign in  to post a topic.

Help | Blog | Upgrade to Premium | Contact | Privacy | Security | Terms | Thanks | License