User Guide
Sign in
Feedback on new Habit feature
This is 2nd time a new feature from TickTick which I have completely disabled. The first time was Pomo, now Habit. Let me explain.

Pomo, no doubt is a good feature. It challenges you to stay focus. I, Myself have no issue to stay focus. But I think a lot of people gonna benefit from it. A good feature but no use on me, but good to have.

Habit, those things stop me from using it:
1) No reminder. They are many things I want to do at a specific time and I wish I get reminded. You are building a new habit anyway, you need help to get reminded. And perhaps the option for multiple reminders for task like drinking more water.

2) Not everyone's habit is a daily basis. I only want to exercise every 6pm on Mon, Wed & Fri, not every day. Some habits are weekly basic like going to church on Sunday morning.

3) Habit list only appears in Today, no other list. I don't know the reason, but it is nice to see habit section in Calendar mode for today, Next 7 Days or 3 days view.
Say I'm going to swim on Monday evening, then colleague invites for a drink, I look at my calendar view and see the evening is empty, then I said yes. But I overlook there is a habit in Today list. Such an inconvenience here.

I like the extra feature from Habit is the scoring for the streak. Good one, but not really thirsting for it as I know when I intuitively perform a habit without getting reminded, that is when I can delete the occurrent task because a habit has been formed.

I have set up my habit tasks the old way using TickTick existing system. It works pretty well. I can get reminded at specific time, at specific interval and I can snooze it when the moment is not right or skip the occurrence entirely. Sorry to disappoint you because I see the new Habit feature added nothing to me.

You know what I want to see in TickTick? Google Assistant integration and real-time calender sync like Todoist.

Bug:
I have been using Pixel 3 on Android 9 for a couple of months, I have noticed the snoozed notification on Android 9 not working properly. The snoozed notification only goes off when screen unlocked, which is delayed.
Note: I snooze task using TickTick provided option, not the notification snooze that built into the Android system.
I dont see a way to remove habits once selected.
Go to Habit list, select the habit you want to delete, select 3 dots on the top right. Select delete, select OK.
Would love to have the ability to select the frequency of habits - like mentioned in the original post, for many of my habits, I don't need to do them every day, maybe just M-F for example.
Bug:
I have been using Pixel 3 on Android 9 for a couple of months, I have noticed the snoozed notification on Android 9 not working properly. The snoozed notification only goes off when screen unlocked, which is delayed.
Note: I snooze task using TickTick provided option, not the notification snooze that built into the Android system.

Please, developer response on the bug mentioned. The bug has been months.
+1 for settings habits on some day. Some of my habits are related to working days only, so I would like to set this habits from monday to friday.
Hey there,

Thanks so much for offering these constructive feedback and advice, habit tracker is a brand new start for TickTick, and we will keep improving it. Stay tuned.
+1 to this feedback, especially:

- setting the days you want to do it

- showing it in calendar view too

For now I don't see any reason to use the habit tracker rather than just making a task! You get a cute icon, but that's it.

I would LOVE to just track habits in TickTick but it needs improvement, please keep us posted.
+1 for mentioning that there are no notifications.
Once that feature is there, I'll be back to use TickTick for building habits.
I use TickTick habits on iOS.
I see that swiping to the right completes a habit, and to the left enters into editing mode.
But editing mode isn't a repetitive actions. Would be nice if swiping to the left could e.g. skip habit occurrence (repetitive action).
Allow reminders for habits....
Please do a “quit bad habit” function. Like a limited amount for quitting sugar, cigarettes, less digital hours, etc.
I have been using the Habit feature in app for a while now.
It’s a good feature according to me except for that,

-It can’t be added to any other list. I use the widget feature
on my iOS device which helps me a lot. I have set my
calendar widget to show me a specific list which I have
added but sadly it doesn’t show ‘Habits’ because that’s
only possible for Today’s list. Hope you add that feature to
add ‘Habits’ into any list.
Thanks!
Hello! New user here. It would be nice if you could arrange the habits in the calendar view just like you can arrange tasks. I like that there are reminders but sometimes I schedule two habits at the same time or don't have enough time in between habits so a calendar view would help me out a great deal!

Thanks!
Hello! New user here. It would be nice if you could arrange the habits in the calendar view just like you can arrange tasks. I like that there are reminders but sometimes I schedule two habits at the same time or don't have enough time in between habits so a calendar view would help me out a great deal!

Thanks!
please add habits into the calender view
I would love to see my habits in the browser and Mac OS app as well. I use the browser/Mac OS app more than the iOS app, and it's nice to see the habits I need to achieve along with the tasks I have to do when planning my day.
+1 Need Habits across all platforms on web as well as Windows App
+1 Need habits across all platforms, web would be a minimum.
Would love if it came in the MacOS app!
+1 for enabling Habits in the browser
I would like to use Habits to track things I want to limit but not eliminate. For example, I am limiting myself to 8 drinks per week, but I budget these so that one day I might have three beers with friends and on other days nothing at all. Right now I have to count the drinks myself, which has some mental overhead and isn't completely reliable. I'd like to tick the habit when I have a drink and count the habit as "completed" if I end the week without exceeding the limit.
Please  Sign in  to post a topic.

Help | Blog | Upgrade to Premium | Contact | Privacy | Security | Terms | Thanks | License