User Guide
Sign in
Convert calendar event into task
Hi. Is there a way to convert a calendar event into a task? It’s a useful feature but no task manager, that I know of, offers this. I’ve been using Siri Shortcuts with Things 3 to achieve this for now.

I love the workflow in TickTick and really want to use this feature as a built in functionality in TickTick. If this feature already exists, or if there’s a workaround, please let me know.

Thanks.
SS
Hello,

Thanks for the idea. Could you describe why you would need this function in TickTick? Is it for editing events?
Calendar events are static information. Especially if those are third party subscribed calendars. Sometimes, and in my case, quite frequently, a calendar event requires more attention. Sometimes it needs to be planned in stages. Like a multi-level project. Calendar apps don’t offer this flexibility. So one has to then manually copy this information from calendar into a task manager.

I understand that this may not be a requirement for majority of users. I used Apple Shortcuts with Things3 to scan my calendar and pull out calendar events with defined conditions and create a task in a project with all fields (date, deadline, reminders) already set automatically. But this is still a workaround. In the case of TickTick, even this workaround is not possible because TickTick integration with Apple Shortcuts is not as detailed as Things 3 or Todoist. So I have to rely on Things 3 for now. For everything else, I use TickTick but for this particular reason, I have to involve Things3 into my workflow.
I was also hoping TickTick would the functionality to convert calendar events into tasks.

Often I have calendar items that must be completed within a flexible 2-hour window, I would like to be able to close these issues and have them removed from my calendar list, as these events produce a lot of clutter.
I fully agree @Shawn McKay. I also vote for deeper integration with Apple Shortcuts app. Currently, adding a task via Shortcuts does not offer anything but to open TickTick app. We need more variables there. Like how Things3 and Todoist do. Adding automations will certainly put TickTick ahead of its competition.
Thanks for the info. Will pass this feedback to the product team doe some evaluation soon.
Please  Sign in  to post a topic.

Help | Blog | Upgrade to Premium | Contact | Privacy | Security | Terms | Thanks | License