User Guide
Sign in
Show "Start Date" and "Due Date" field in list
Hi,

It would be very useful to be able to show the "start date" and "due date" fields in the list view. I setup my tasks to always have a "start date" which is when it will appear in my "today" list. The due date is often a week ahead or so. This allows me to only focus on the tasks that I need to get done today, while keeping track of when they are actually "due". I use the "duration" feature for this.

However, in the list view, I am unable to show the "due date" Additionally, if I make a "smart list" with tasks "due in 7 days", the list only shows the start date field. I need to be able to track tasks that are "actually due" within 7 days. The easiest way to do this would be to allow the following: (a) use the "start date" and "end date" in the smart lists and (b) show the "start date" and "end date" for duration tasks in the list view and allow me to sort based on them. This should be relatively easy to implement and without it, it makes the duration tasks relatively useless for most people.

Thanks!
Hello,

If you are using the mobile app, you may click "..." in the list view and select to "Show details".
+1

I find myself going back to Things 3, just because my upcoming views are filled with tasks I have to do 3 months later but can't really take any action right now.

(this is when I sort by priority, which is my preferred way)
Hi Jagz,

Got it. We will bring it up to the product team for further evaluation.
I think this is an important point. Just because you have identified something you would like to do today doesn't mean that it is DUE today.
Please  Sign in  to post a topic.

Help | Blog | Upgrade to Premium | Contact | Privacy | Security | Terms | Thanks | License