User Guide
Sign in
Change a repeating task date/time without affecting the repeat
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but right now if I create a task and make it repeating, if I change the date/time on it, it will change for future repeats.

Example: I create a weekly task to clean the house (Saturday 9am).
-Saturday arrives and I reschedule it to Sunday because I'm busy on Saturday.
-I complete the task on Sunday.
-Next week, the reminder goes off on Sunday because I moved it to sunday the week before.
-My preference would be that it still goes off on Saturday because that is when I want it to repeat, even if I move/delay it one week.
Hello,

Are you on a mobile app? If so, please swipe left on a recurring task - Quick date menu - Skip to (if you don't want to complete the current recurrence), Postpone (if you want to reschedule it without affecting the future recurrence)
Can you provide more detail? There is only a postpone for 1 day option.
Long press the "postpone for 1 day" button to customize it.
It sadly doesn't work for subtasks. Even though you can press postpone on a repeated subtask it changes the repeat as well. Can you change the feature so that it work's not only for tasks but also for subtasks?
I think the best way to do this is to choose “Custom” in the Repeat field, which is shown in the Date/Time section. From there, you are able to make a task repeat on a certain day each week, no matter when you completed the task the week before.
It took me a while to figure this out at first and it is a feature that I need or I would have to stop using TickTick.
Please  Sign in  to post a topic.

Help | Blog | Upgrade to Premium | Contact | Privacy | Security | Terms | Thanks | License