User Guide
Sign in
Tag update broke subtask tags
Since the new tag update the tag "lists" no longer work on my subtasks. Now when I go to look at a "list" of my tags (e.g. #buy), any subtasks I had set with the tag #buy no longer show up (only the main/parent tasks with that tag). I also noticed when adding a new subtask with a tag it removes it from that subtask and adds it to the parent task, why? I don't want the parent task showing up in my #buy list, I want that specific item/task to show. Why push the new tag system if it broke previously used functionality?
Hello,

Sorry for the bad experience. We are still evaluating user feedbacks on the new tag feature. Will definitely improve it in future updates.
Thanks for the quick response. I do like aspects of the update but breaking existing functionality is a deal-breaker. Any idea of a timeline on when we can expect to see updates pushed live?
We don't have an ETA yet. Product team are still trying to generate/evaluate as many feedbacks as they could at the moment.
I have the same trouble.
Same problem. Would like it to work
Same trouble here. Would make it a lot easier would be the logical thing to do
Any more info on this please, makes sub tasks fairly pointless in my system
+1 !!!
+ 100
+1
I agree. Its annoying how you cannot tag a subtask. If you do, the tag just gets added to the parent task.
Agree. We need the ability to add tags to sub-tasks...
I'm currently creating subtasks to declutter my list by grouping my tasks. Since I don't have a tag functionality at the subtask level, I have to create tasks as stand alone. Tags are critical to my workflow to quickly identify tasks that I need to focus on. For example, I typically set a time during the day to follow-up on tasks that I'm waiting on. Having a follow-up tag allows me to identify all those tasks across different projects. Without tags at the subtask level, I can't identify the subtask that needs to be follow-up upon. Also, I work on projects that take over 3+ months with over 100+ tasks that I won't be able to group...
+1 It would be really helpful if we could do this.
Example, a project may contain subtasks for items that need to be purchased in order to complete the project. The ability to add a "shopping" tag to these would allow for an easy shopping list of all items from all projects.
+1
+100
is there some plan about bring back ability adding tags to subtask?
I purchased one year premium this morning, to move myself from Todoist to TickTick, as I like Folders and third pane windows with a clear list of comments and subtasks.
But, I didn’t know about this dysfunction! This causes the Tag system meaningless. Why do we need tags? We can find tasks in the task list anyway.
Finally, I see you are asking more then one year for this issue to be fixed!!!
Good think that there is a 14 days money back...
hope this gets implemented
+1
+1
Please  Sign in  to post a topic.

Help | Blog | Upgrade to Premium | Contact | Privacy | Security | Terms | Thanks | License