User Guide
Sign in
Single Day Calendar View
Wondering if you could make a one-day calendar view for web, Windows, and Chrome extension. You already have this view for the calendar on mobile iOS. Why also do it on larger screens? 1) Seeing one-day on the larger-screen format would make it possible to read multiple tasks side-by-side in the same time slot. 2) Often I just want to view tasks within the day, and do not need the whole week in front of me. Seeing the whole week can be distracting from what needs to be done today. Thanks.
This is a nice idea. I'd also love to see 4-Days view like Google Calendar if possible on the web.

One of the things I'd love to see in the future is for the calendar to load the days with today being in the middle by default. So it doesn't have to be an exact week from "Monday" through "Sunday". This is helpful because when I am working on Monday I'll have to switch back to the previous week to recap or move tasks that I didn't finish around. For me it makes more sense to load the calendar with "today" shown in the center, and the other days of the week spread to the left and right of it.

Example: If today is "Saturday" then the days for the weekly view in the calendar will appear like this from left to right:
Wednesday - Thursday - Friday - Saturday - Sunday - Monday - Tuesday

Hope this makes sense. I understand not everyone might want this, so I hope this could be an option which we could turn on/off. The Same concept can be applied to mobile for 3-Days view and other views.

Thanks a bunch!

Best regards,
Wassim
Hello,

To support Day View on the web is not on our current list. Mostly considering of some UI reasons. We might reevaluate the feedback in the future. Thanks.
Hi Lexi,

Could you please let me know about my thoughts? Does that make sense?

Best regards,
Wassim
+++++
+
A day view in Calendar would be great
+1
+ 1 for this

Having a single day view would be a great UX improvement. Most calendars already have this view so its familiar and it allows the user to focus on todays events/tasks without all the noise thats on the 7 day view.
+1!
+1!
+1
+1
+1
+1

Would like to have the calendar week view start with today in the first column so I can look ahead at what is coming. If it's the last day or two of the week, you need to keep moving back and forth between weeks. I always want today to be the first column, but realize that others like Wassim wants it in the middle. It would then make sense to allow the user to configure a default calendar view by selecting number of days to view (2 3, 5, 7, 14, etc) and default day to start with in the first column (Today, today -2 days, today +1 day, etc) . If it extends beyond 7 days, make it display in two rows of days and make each day a simple list without times. This is a common UI pattern in calendar applications.
Please  Sign in  to post a topic.

Help | Blog | Upgrade to Premium | Contact | Privacy | Security | Terms | Thanks | License