User Guide
Sign in
How do I update TickTick to the last version?
I keep getting messages to update. I download the latest software and it either crashes or when I can log into the new version there's nothing but chinese writing after everything? Can you give me instructions on how to update to the latest version without getting rid of what I've already done in logging in to-dos on the version I'm working on? It has to be easier than this. I'm thinking of upgrading to the PRO version, but if it's this hard just to update the software each time, that's a hard no for me. Please help!
Hello,

Where did you download the latest version? App store or our website?
I've downloaded the latest Mac version, but when I run it, it hangs. The app shows up in the dock but no window appears, and I have to Force Quit to kill it. I'm running El Capitan, which is the most recent OS my machine (mid-2007 iMac) will support. Can't find anything on your site about requirements for the latest version, but it's a small enough app that I wouldn't think that would be a problem. Any help possible? Thanks...
I've tried both your site and the apple site. I'm currently on the version I downloaded from the apple app store. The problem is that nothing is showing in the downloaded desktop version of your app. I can log into the web version and all my stuff is there. However, no matter what I try on the desktop version, it doesn't seem to sync with the web version. And so, nothing is showing on the desktop app. It's as if I never put anything in, which I know is not true as all of it is on your web version. Any suggestions as to how to get the desktop version to sync wth your web version? Otherwise, I can't really use this.
@Mark: Have you installed TickTick before? Which version was it? Could you try to click the app icon or the icon on the top status bar, see if there are any responses?

@Gary: Could you double check whether you've signed in with the same account?
I had the first version that I downloaded last week. Then your system said there was an update. So I clicked update. I opened the downloaded version and nothing was there. I signed in with the identical credentials. That is, the credentials I sign into to the web version, I use with the desktop version. Only the web version shows my stuff. The desktop version, nothing is there. I can send you a screencast to show you exactly what I'm doing. Just give me an email to send it to.
I'm currently using version 1.7.62 (38)
Hello,

Please send it to our dev for Mac: bourne@appest.com
I emailed it this morning. Hopefully you can help
I'd installed I think it was 1.6.1? 1.6.x definitely some months ago, and it had been working fine. Wanted to update to 1.7.x and downloaded from the web site. Tried reinstalling, saving the app to the desktop and running as well.

The app icon in the dock gives no response when I click it. When I click and hold I get the "Application Not Responding" indicator and the option to Force Quit etc, as usual when an app hangs.

There is no icon for TickTick in the status bar; the app is not launching far enough to get there.
Hello Mark,

Could you please run the following in Terminal to clear the old data, it should help with your case:

pkill -f TickTick
defaults delete com.TickTick.task.mac
defaults delete 75TY9UT8AY.com.TickTick.task.mac
rm -rf ~/Library/Group\ Containers/com.TickTick.task.mac
rm -rf ~/Library/Group\ Containers/75TY9UT8AY.com.TickTick.task.mac
killall -u $USER cfprefsd
When I try to open the app, I get no window and have to force quit every time. I am on the most recent version of the app and on OS 10.11.6.

Is there a fix so I can get the app to work again?
Hello,

What is your app version number? Have you upgraded to the latest version?
I am on version 1.7.62

I tried deleting and re-downloading it yesterday and it still won't work. I've also updated my computer to OS 10.12
Hello,

Could you also run the following in Terminal to clear the old data, it should help with your case:

pkill -f TickTick
defaults delete com.TickTick.task.mac
defaults delete 75TY9UT8AY.com.TickTick.task.mac
rm -rf ~/Library/Group\ Containers/com.TickTick.task.mac
rm -rf ~/Library/Group\ Containers/75TY9UT8AY.com.TickTick.task.mac
killall -u $USER cfprefsd
thanks! that worked
Please  Sign in  to post a topic.

Help | Blog | Upgrade to Pro | Contact | Privacy | Security | Terms | Thanks | License