User Guide
Sign in
Default list
Is there a way to change my default list? When I open the app, it goes right to the inbox list (which is usually empty), but I'd like it to go to my "today" list (which always has due tasks). I can't figure out how to change it in the settings! Any suggestions??
Hi , default list is not supported in TickTick now . However , you can set task default settings with default due today . Then new task will appear in Today list .
Wiz, that is a helpful tip I was not aware of, but having new tasks default to "today" makes the "inbox" list even more useless if there is always nothing in it and the app always defaults to this empty list, right? I get the GTD idea, that you open to the inbox to do triaging on the tasks that need to be organized or rejected, but sometimes you want to actually "get things done".

That is why I question whether "today" is a good default option because it is only for tasks "due" today rather than tasks I must "do" today. When working on a task that should take all week but is due Friday, it doesn't show up in "today" until Friday.

I have a Smart List called "Working On" that includes all tasks tagged #next or #now. This is like my "mental desktop" of things I should be working on. Could also include things due this week.

That is the list I would like to open by default in TickTick. Or the last list I was looking at, which is probably the most practical option.

(P.S. I would use this feature on iOS and on the Web. I realize this was an Android question, but the topic of "default list" interests me.)
Please, add this feature. I really want to change my default list, also following the GTD idea, but I want it to go to my "Next Actions" list.
I get annoyed when things go to my inbox. I want it to be empty.
You are talking about at least two different things. :-)
A)
Shown list when opening the app.
Mine is showing the list/view, as I left the app before. (Good.)
B)
The list where new tasks are (if you don't create them while being in a specific list).
In my understanding "inbox" is perfect. Of course this should be empty, but you have to decide the list. (BTW: "Today" is not a list, just a view on today's tasks from all lists.)
Think about received tasks by mail: It appears in "inbox". Then it's your first task, to sort it into a list that you want it to be.
Or think about a pretty fast just in a hurry noted task. Of course later, with some time, the task has to be given a time/due date and its list.
C)
The default due date.
I also set "today" as default due date in new tasks. This helps not to oversee tasks in the inbox. (Just noticed: Tasks received by mail are not given this default due date.)
:-)
same here.

I use the web version most of the time. Would be very helpful if the users can set the default list.
Would be nice to be able to set a default list!
Would be nice to be able to set a default list!
I asked a 'default list' option long time ago. No changes since that time. Is this so hard to do? Really. When adding from icon long press (via small pop up) it always set to inbox. Very useless behavior. Please add the option setting where all new tasks should be saved!
+1
+10
+1 for the default list option.
+1 ability to change the default list is especially useful when creating tasks in the calendar view
+1 - this is crazy that you can't set a default list
In Android, you can create a shortcut to a specific list. That way you can open directly to whatever list you wish to.

Example in Nova launcher, long-press on an empty area of the homescreen, select widgets, scroll down to TickTick, select shortcut, and then it prompts you to select a list AND whether you want to open the list or add to the list. Similar TickTick shortcuts can be accessed from other apps like swipepad, tiles, autoshortcut plugin for Tasker... anything that works with app shortcuts.

I have an entire page of swipepad shortcuts dedicated to quick jump to specific TickTick lists or quick add to specific TickTick lists. The +shopping gets used most often.
Is it so difficult to add ONE option in task defaults settings which already have defaults for new task? Default reminders, default priority. But not default list. They started a new beta branch with habits feature ignoring so many requests for this small option.

Why, TickTick? Why?
+1 for ability to set a default list
We need it, please
Although I used to be in support for allowing people to make this choice now I believe its better if it always opens in inbox. the reason why its because Ticktick is very GTD centric and inbox is where all your thoughts and ideas and everything goes. so when you open tick tick, right away you can start adding things

But I understand why some people will like to set a default
Erick, you are not right. The fact that you like this default inbox list doesn't mean we should not have an option for changing it. Everyone sets up the application the way he thinks it should be for personal use. We have an option for default reminders and other default things.

We should have a default list option.
Being able to change default list to something other than inbox would be VERY useful

+10!
Please  Sign in  to post a topic.

Help | Blog | Upgrade to Premium | Contact | Privacy | Security | Terms | Thanks | License