User Guide
Sign in
Data Privacy
Hello TickTick support team,

I thought this is a topic some other users could be interested too. It's about data privacy.

I'm writing, or type in notes that sometimes are really private. Where are all these things I save with TickTick stored? Where are the countries of servers (USA patriots act etc.) and how is the data stored on the servers, encryption methods etc.?

Greets from Germany,
Julian
+1 to this question
+1
Quite important transparency with users in this relevant matter.
Looking forward to hearing from TickTick
+1
As far as I could find out, it is a Chinese company which somehow tries to hide anything about it. Only resource for knowledge about them is the website registrar information...
I would like to know the answer too
+1
> "As far as I could find out, it is a Chinese company which somehow tries to hide anything about it. Only resource for knowledge about them is the website registrar information..."

@simo: That's what I was afraid for! So sad... with TickTick I tought did found my perfect to-do app. But when it's like you're saying it's no option for me anymore. Don't want to talk bad about TickTick now. Sad that there is absolutely no feedback from support.
Recently I was thinking about TickTick's data privacy too. Thanks for posting the question.
Since there is no response, I'm concerned if my data is secured and properly stored by TickTick.
Anything new about it?
Hey there,

nothing new. Not ANY (!!!) information about data privacy, where it is stored, or what security standards are used, to save PERSONAL data.

When a company is not answering to such a fundamental and important question (from a past PRO member), the customer is left alone. Besides that a lot of other users are interested in this question.

I'm angry and have given up hope. I started the topic on the 27th of January 2017. Nearly two month without any feedback.
+ 1
Hello guys,

Sorry about the late reply. To keep our users' data safe and secure is key important to our company. All the databases and servers are hosted by Amazon Web Services in the U.S. We DO NOT share your data with third parties without your prior permissions. Although we own the databases and all rights to our application, you retain all rights to your data.

If you have further concerns regarding to data privacy, please go to our website and check Privacy Policy for detail info.
If you have other questions regarding to our app, please do not hesitate to contact us again.
We thank you for all your understandings and kind support.

Best Regards.
Thanks, Wendy.

Which, if any, of our data (whether identity, tasks, or something else) is stored in clear text? If so, who in the company has access to the clear text data?

Hello,

Yes, we do store some of the data in clear text if necessary. However, only DBA could have the access and we DO NOT access to users' data without a full permission. As I stated above, to keep our users' data safe and secure is top concern to our company. Please contact us again if you have further questions. Cheers.
Which data is stored in clear text?
Is there anyone who can read our tasks?
Hi again,

We use Amazon Web Servers to host all kinds of user data. Everything's carefully stored and encrypted at rest in order to prevent unauthorized access.
Thanks for the quick reply. "Everything's…encrypted at rest" means that everything is stored encrypted, correct? In that case, would you clarify what "we…store some of the data in clear text" means in that context?
Will TickTick team provide additional information on this "issue" (especially background information on the company that essential controls all our to-do's)?
Our Privacy & Security page will be modified soon. Users are welcome to check back there.

We do not "control" our users' to-dos. TickTick helps people control their own to-dos. We use Amazon Web Servers to host all the data and their built-in firewalls protect user data against unauthorized access.

TickTick Team.
Hi Lexi,

Thank you for the response. I look forward to checking out the new privacy & security information as you said.

Besides, even if our data is stored on Amazon Web Server, I still don't know which legal entity (company) is in charge of this. Without stating the name of the company the privacy policy isn't worth much. I am sure it is something that is and can be a concern for current and future Pro users. More transparency here would be very much appreciated.
Hi. This hasn't been answered yet:

> "Everything's…encrypted at rest" means that everything is stored encrypted, correct? In that case, would you clarify what "we…store some of the data in clear text" means in that context?
Please  Sign in  to post a topic.

Help | Blog | Upgrade to Premium | Contact | Privacy | Security | Terms | Thanks | License