User Guide
Sign in
recurring tasks postponing
Hi,

There is a recuring task: XXX repeat each month on 15. When I use swipe and postpone task to, for example, next monday (21 nov) app postpones not only current instance but also a reccuring date, so task becomes XXX repeat each month on 21.

I think there should be different behaviour, only the current instance should be changed, or there should be a question to change current instance all all following (something similar to behavior in google calendar)
Hi grizz,
Thanks for the feedback and scenario.
I'll transfer your feedback to our product team.
Thanks a lot~
What is the status on this request? I am new and trying to learn how to appropriately postpone or delete recurring tasks without effecting the criteria of the upcoming task. Please help!
This feature has been brought out already. Left swipe on a recurring task and select postpone.
This feature still needs work. If I select postpone, I am only given the option of postponing until the next scheduled occurrence - for example, I can postpone a weekly recurring task until next week, but not until tomorrow.

If I select "Tomorrow" (instead of postponing), all future recurrences move back one day too.

The workaround seems to be to schedule all recurring tasks using a custom recurrence, which is a bit clunky and imperfect.

Any chance of modifying this behavior per grizz' suggestion? I have just moved over from Todoist and this one of the few obvious relative shortcomings of TickTick.
Hello Jon,

Your feedback has been noted, will be evaluated soon.
Please  Sign in  to post a topic.

Help | Blog | Upgrade to Pro | Contact | Privacy | Security | Terms | Thanks | License