User Guide
Sign in
Custom Smart Lists Location
Hello TickTick,

I have a few questions about the new custom smart lists. I hope to get some answers:

1) Can we have custom smart lists directly below the main smart lists on the web, just like the case on Android? I really like to see all my smart lists, custom smart lists and projects (lists) all in one shot just like I do on Android. This isn't the case however on the web, since I'm need to manually switch tabs between "Lists" and "Custom" to preview both lists and custom smart lists. Is there a way to view them both at the same time, while of course keeping the main smart lists at the top?

2) Do you have any plans on adding icons support for custom smart lists in the future to replace the basic list icons? Nothing too fancy I think Font Awesome does the job. At the moment I have three custom smart lists (Next, Someday and Waiting) and I would love to give them different icons so I can easily differentiate between them (Like for example using an umbrella icon for Someday and a clock icon for Waiting, etc...).

3) Are you going to give us a way to re-arrange the smart lists and custom smart lists together? For example, I love to have the "Inbox" at the very top. I'm very used in all the software I've used to have Inbox at the top. So will you provide us a way to re-arrange the smart lists and even better merge them with the custom smart lists so if we want a specific custom smart list to appear somewhere in the middle to be able to see it where we want (For example I want my "Next" custom smart list to show under "Today").

4) Will you provide us a way to hide/show the task counts next to smart lists, customer smart lists and lists? I find it really annoying to see all these numbers and it frustrates me quite a lot that I have too much to do! I would love to pick specific locations where the number show up (in my case I want to see the number of tasks for "today" and "waiting", and everything else I don't want to see a count next to them). Do you have any plans on implementing this in the future?

5) On Android I found in the settings how to have priority default when adding a new tasks. Is there anything similar on the web because I couldn't find this feature there.

6) Kindly note that the "Add New Task" bar or icon on both Web & Android are invisible when I'm previewing a custom smart list. This is a wrong behavior and requires me to have more efforts by going to somewhere else to click the add icon. Are you going to add this icon (and the add bar on the web) while someone is on a smart list? It doesn't have to detect any information about the task details (like date, project, priority) but at least give us a blank new task which we can fill directly from there. It's very annoying at the moment.

7) I think I've asked this question some time ago, but based on the amazing improvements you guys have introduced, are you going to release a native Windows 7/10 version anywhere soon? I think this is a killer feature and it will make TickTick stand against everyone else. At the moment I saved the web app as a desktop application in Chrome so I can access it from my task bar quickly and nicely, and it works great but it's not really native. Let me know.

Thanks a lot guys you have done an incredible job. I have literally tried every single task manager out there, and I pretty much believe that with a few additions TickTick will be the best in the market. Keep up the great job!

Best regards,
Wassim
1) Can we have custom smart lists directly below the main smart lists on the web, just like the case on Android?
I'm sorry that Custom Smart List will be placed "Lists", "Tags" "Custom" section. We'll note down your request first.

2) Do you have any plans on adding icons support for custom smart lists in the future to replace the basic list icons?
I'm sorry that this feature may not be implemented in the near future.

3) Are you going to give us a way to re-arrange the smart lists and custom smart lists together?
I'm sorry that this feature is not in our current plan.

4) Will you provide us a way to hide/show the task counts next to smart lists, customer smart lists and lists?
I'm sorry that task count may not be changed for clear overview about how many tasks under a specific list..

5) On Android I found in the settings how to have priority default when adding a new tasks. Is there anything similar on the web because I couldn't find this feature there.
Web version doesn't have New Task Default feature currently. We'll note down this request.

6) Are you going to add this icon (and the add bar on the web) while someone is on a smart list?
I noticed that other users have the same request. I'll also note down this request.

7) Are you going to release a native Windows 7/10 version anywhere soon?
We also would like to develop a windows version. It may take lone time. If there is any plan or progress, I'll post related in this forum.

Hi Wendy,

Many thanks for taking the time to answer all my questions. I appreciate it.

Best regards,
Wassim
Hello,

«Can we have custom smart lists directly below the main smart lists on the web, just like the case on Android?»
It's been almost a year since this request was made by Wassim. I switched to TickTick recently, and being forced to switch between "Lists" and "Custom" irritates greatly.
I will be happy to see all my lists, common and custom, in a single column, because my whole workflow relies on constant drag'n'drop between lists (mimicking agile style).

Best regards,
Victor
I agree with the previous posters that it it would be very useful to re-arrange Custom Smart Lists and make them "sticky" as the regular Smart Lists.

For example, I have a "Today at Work" custom smart list, that I would like to access quickly from the main sidebar (instead of using the regular "Today" smart list which also contains my personal tasks when I am at work).
But now I need to navigate to the "Custom" menu first in order to access this smart list.
And as Victor points out, this is very irritating.

Please implement this feature soon.

Otherwise, loving the TickTick product!

Best regards,
Rickard
I'd like to see the feature Victor & Rickard mention too.
Same need to access the custom lists directly and even great to have them mixed with the normal ones in one view. Thanks
+1 Adding my name to this request.
It exists on the iOS version, just nee dto MAC version to do the same.
+1 I agree as well. Funnily enough, I created a "Tomorrow" smartlist because I didn't realize it was in the custom smartlists already generated.
Wow, TickTick team... I just purchased a year subscription. It's a little disappointing to see these questions are getting no answers since Wendy replied in 2016...
How has this feature not been implemented yet?!?
Hello TickTick, how can not it be a standard feature? This makes smart list a bit useless as we don t see them in the default view...
Hi guys,

Sorry that we currently do not have an immediate plan to support it yet, but I will pass your feedback as a feature request to the product team for further evaluation.
I agree with what everyone else is basically saying! That is: there is little point in being able to create a custom smart-list if you can't also put it somewhere where it's 'in your face' (that is: with the 'auto' smart lists that are supplied as standard). Please prioritise this, as I really enjoy TickTick!
Please  Sign in  to post a topic.

Help | Blog | Upgrade to Premium | Contact | Privacy | Security | Terms | Thanks | License