User Guide
Sign in
Remove the inbox
Is there anyway to remove the inbox completely? I have two lists. Work and Personal. I find myself forgetting to select one of these lists before adding an item. That means it goes to the inbox. Which I never use. Items there get overlooked. Can we have the option to delete the inbox, or perhaps rename it?
Hi,

Currently, inbox can't be deleted, hidden or renamed because it is a default list, which restore all your uncategorized tasks.

So, I suggest you to check it periodically or make sure that you've chosen a list when adding a new task. Your suggestion will be taken into consideration when we review this feature some other time.
TickTick has the ability to choose a default date, priority or reminder time for new tasks.
So would it be possible to give us the opportunity to choose the default list that a new task is put in?
info...@....com, we will take it into consideration.
Even Google Tasks (which I have long outgrown) allows you to rename the default list. So would it be difficult to let users rename the "Inbox" since it is such a frequently used & core piece of the way TickTick operates?
Hi Jeff Cline, did you mean you want to rename all of smart lists?
No, this ticket began about the "Inbox" and so I was just inquiring about whether users could rename the "Inbox", not all smart lists.
What's the problem? If you need Inbox be your Work list - why ypu so need to rename it? Just know that inbox is your Work list.

I think Inbox is the fundamental thing of GTD philosophy and can't be removed.
+1
Setup smart lists for work/personal that includes the inbox. That way you can handle the unsorted ones from there..
ALLOW US TO REMOVE THE INBOX OR HIDE IT, why is this a big deal to do
+1 at least allow to rename it or hide it
Yeah I would also love it, if one could hide the Inbox!
Please  Sign in  to post a topic.

Help | Blog | Upgrade to Premium | Contact | Privacy | Security | Terms | Thanks | License